Monday, May 18, 2009
Wild animal encounter
Sounds exciting? Well not really but definately out of the normal. On Saturday I hiked up to the Y. I was sitting on the lower seriff of the Y because there were a lot of people there and I wanted them behind me. 2 girls arrived and someone asked them if they had led the ram all the way up the trail. I looked over and there a few feet back on the trail was a ram.
I started taking a movie and right on que he walked right in front of me. There is no zoom in the movie he walked about 5 feet in front of me. I was a little worried but obviously not enough to get up. When he was right in front of me I was looking at him and didn't notice the camera was too high. It is always humbling to remember we live so close to wildlife. I'm also glad it wasn't walking on the trail behind me. If it decided I was a threat and took the offensive it would win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! That is pretty cool. I always love seeing the wild life out hiking.
As I only like animals in theory I'm pretty sure this run in would have freaked me right out! You clearly took it right in stride, you are amazing :)
Post a Comment